1. Give away something other than candy. Toothpicks, golf balls, bags of sand, etc...
2. Wait behind the door until some people come. When they get near the door, jump out, wearing a costume, and holding
a bag, and yell, "Trick or Treat!" Look at them, scratch your head, and act confused.
3. Fill a briefcase with marbles and crackers. Write on it, "Top Secret" in big letters. When trick-or-treaters
come, look around suspiciously, say, "It's about time you got here," give them the briefcase, and quickly shut the
4. Get about 30 people to wait in your living room. When trick-or-treaters come to the door, say, "Come in."
When they do, have everyone yell, "Surprise!!!" Act like it's a surprise party.
5. Get everyone who comes to the door to come in and see if they can figure out what's wrong with your dishwasher. Insist
that it makes an unnatural "whirring" sound.
6. After you give them candy, hand the trick-or-treaters a bill.
7. When you answer the door, hold up one candy bar, throw it out into the street, and yell, "Crawl for it!"
8. When you answer the door, look at the trick-or-treaters, act shocked and scared, and start screaming your head off.
Slam the door and runaround the house, screaming until they go away.
9. Insist that the trick-or-treaters each do ten push-ups before you give them any candy.
10. Hand out menus to the trick-or-treaters and let them order their candy. Keep asking if anyone wants to see the wine
11. Get a catapult. Sit on your porch and catapult pumpkins at anyone who comes within 50 yards of your house.
12. Answer the door dressed as a pilgrim. Stare at the trick-or-treaters for a moment, pretend to be confused, and start
flipping through a calendar.
13. Instead of candy, give away colored eggs. If anyone protests, explain that the eggs are the only thing you had left
over from Easter.
14. Answer the door dressed as a dentist. Angrily give the trick-or-treaters a two-hour lecture on tooth decay.
15. Answer the door with a mouthful of M&M's and several half-eaten candy bars in your hands. Act surprised, and close
the door. Open it again in a few seconds, and insist that you don't have any candy.
16. Hand out cigarettes and bottles of aspirin.
17. Put a crown on a pumpkin and put the pumpkin on a throne on your porch. Insist that all of the trick-or-treaters bow
before the pumpkin.
18. Dress up like a bunny rabbit. Yell and curse from the moment you open the door, and angrily throw the candy at the
trick-or-treaters. Slam the door when you're finished.
19. When trick-or-treaters come to the door and you hand them candy, tell them how much fat and calories are in the candy.
20. When the trick-or-treaters come to the door, explain that you will put the candy in their bags without them seeing
it. Behind the door, empty their bags halfway and give them their bags back.